Litecoin is a peer-to-peer crypto currency developed by Charlie Lee back in 2011. Charlie Lee is a former a Google employee who later became Engineering Director at Coinbase and later developed and launched Litecoin via an open-source client on GitHub. Now, Litecoin can also be used as a sports betting currency as well.
We, at Bitpunter.io has over 20 years of online sports betting experienceand happy to see that new mediums such as Litecoin can be used to facilitate our sports betting passion. We only list Litecoin Betting Sites which are licensed at Curacao. This ensures the safetly of your LTCs while you bet.
Best Litecoin Betting Sites
- 🏅 Sportsbet.io: If you are an Arsenal fan, you must already know about Sportsbet.io. They are the biggest crypto currency sports betting platform and they now sponsor Arsenal, Southampton, Watford and Brazilian giants Flamengo. They offer crypto betting in BTC, LTC, ETH, USDT and TRON. You can use Litecoin for your Sportsbet.io deposits and withdrawals. You can also choose LTC as your Sportsbet.io account currency.
- 👍 Thunderpick: Thunderpick is a great new crypto gaming and betting site concentrating on eSports Betting. Thunderpick has started its life as a Social Gambling Platform and allows users to interact with each other. They also offer Provably Fair casino games. Now you take any bets with BTC, LTC, ETH, XRP, BCH and USD Tether. Having the trusted Thunderpick accepting LTC as a form of payment and betting stake is a huge plus for any Litecoin bettor.
- 👌 Bitsler: Litecoin is one of the 23 crypto currency types offered when you register a Bitsler account. Yes, you heard it right, you do not need to choose a single currency when you sign up and it comes with 23 currencies including BTC, LTC and their own coin Bitsler Coin as well. You can deposit, take your bets and withdraw your winnings all in LTC and do not need to convert into fiat money and lose any commissions.
- ⚽ Stake.com: Stake.com is a next generation crypto betting site just like Bitsler. You Stake.com account comes with 8 crypto currencies and Litecoin is one of them. You can deposit directly with LTC and it will be credited to your account after 6 confirmations on the blockchain. You can take your bets, play casino games and collect your winnings all in Litecoin. You can also buy LTC and pay with USD with their MoonPay interface.
- 🔒 Betcoin.ag: Betcoin is an Anguilla based and Curacao licensed sports betting site which offers 1 BTC as a welcome bonus. You can also use LTC as your account currency and have the welcome bonus at around 240 LTC. This will give you a chance to double up your Litecoins even before taking any bets. You can also withdraw your funds in LTC and do not need to convert into fiat money.
Top 10 Litecoin Betting Sites
5 Advantages of Litecoin Betting Sites
- 🧛♀️ Anonymity: In technical details, Litecoin is nearly identical to Bitcoin. The only big difference is Litecoin aims to have a lower transaction time than Bitcoin thus become faster. You will enjoy Bitcoin level anonymity while you bet with Litecoin as well. None of the listed Litecoin Betting Sites require you to submit any personal information including your name, surname, address and phone number. They just need your email address and a password of your choice.
- 📃 License: Being anonymous is good for the Litecoin bettor but not for the Litecoin Betting Site as they might run away with your precious little cryptos. Therefore we only list Curacao licensed Litecoin Betting Sites which has gone through a verification system, formed a company and claimed a license at this liberal Caribbean country. Curacao gives you the right amount of safety where the operator is verified but the bettor does not need to submit any KYC documents.
- 📱 User Experience: Litecoin Betting Sites are brand new as the concept of betting with Litecoin is quite new. Therefore they have a mobile first design and a great user experience where you can find the market easily and take your bets. Live betting has also been around long before Litecoin Betting Sites and therefore the live betting sections has a great UI and UX too. You can use your smart phone for all your Litecoin betting activities.
- 💸 Easy Payments: The Litecoin Network aims to process a block every 2.5 minutes, rather than Bitcoin’s 10 minutes. This allows Litecoin to confirm transactions much faster than Bitcoin. And this allows Litecoin bettors to withdraw their funds even faster than the Bitcoin bettors. The Litecoin Betting Sites do not need to verify your account details and thus they will be able to process your withdrawals quickly.
- 📈 High Value: The price of Litecoin is going relatively high since its foundation. Its value was less than 10 dollars up to 2017. At 2018 it skyreocketed to 300$ and had a %80 correction. Since start of 2021, it is valued above 100$. This means that while you have LTCs sitting at your sports betting account, you do not need to worry about it’s fiat value. In the long term Litecoin seems like a very good deal and a high value investment.
Litecoin Betting Sites FAQ
What is Litecoin in a nutshell?
Litecoin is a peer-to-peer crypto currency developed by Charlie Lee back in 2011. Charlie Lee is a former a Google employee who later became Engineering Director at Coinbase and later developed and launched Litecoin via an open-source client on GitHub. In technical details, Litecoin is nearly identical to Bitcoin. The Litecoin Network aims to process a block every 2.5 minutes, rather than Bitcoin's 10 minutes.
How can I bet with Litecoin?
In order to kick start your Litecoin betting diary you need to buy some Litecoins. You can buy LTC from its official websites litecoin.org and litecoin.com. After that you should choose your Litecoin Betting Site. Assuming that you have chosen a website that is listed at Bitpunter, you are in safe hands. Now you can navigate to the Deposit page for your sportsbook and transfer your LTCs. Claim your bonus and start betting!
Can I use LTC as my betting stake currency?
Yes. Thanks to Litecoin Betting Sites integrating LTC to their system, you can choose LTC, BTC and many other crypto coins as your account currency. This means that you can deposit, stake your bets, claim your bonuses and withdraw you funds, all in LTC. You do not need to go back to the fiat currency world.
Can I withdraw my sports betting winnings in Litecoin?
Just make sure that you have chosen a reliable Litecoin Betting Site and chosen LTC as your account currency. If you claim a bonus you have to fulfill the wagering requirements before you can make any withdrawals. So keep an eye on that before you claim any bonuses.
Is it legal to bet with Litecoin?
Litecoin gives you full anonymity which enables you to do whatever you want. If you preference of activity is to engage betting on sporting events with Litecoin, so be it. You can do that and none of the legal entities can have a say on that. It is legal till somebody says it isn't. Even than, you have many solutions.