Gambling with Bitcoin is a rather new way of gambling and needs a different way of ratings. The concept of Provably Fair games changes everything for crypto gamblers as this blockchain technology allows users to prove the fairness of every game they play. You can never get this at a traditional Las Vegas casino or at an online casino. This changes everything for our Trust and Fairness ratings and makes the existence of Provably Fair games even more important than online casino licenses.
We do our Bitcoin Casino Site ratings according to 4 different criterias:
- 🔒 Trust & Fairness: The most important thing about a Bitcoin Casino Site is to know if you can trust the house. The first criteria here is the existence of Provably Fair games where you can be sure about the fairness of the game outcomes. We also rank more classical Bitcoin Casino Sites highly if they offer casino games from trusted providers like NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming and Ezugi. The second criteria about Trust is knowing that you will be able to withdraw your winnings. This is mostly about the casino site’s license as the licensing authorities is supposed prevent the player funds and make sure they get paid out. We mostly prefer Curacao based casinos.
- 🎰 Odds & Games: When it comes to availability of wide range of games, we take into account the Bitcoin Casinos working with top casino game providers. They are able to provide 100s of live and slots games with their deals. If we are ranking a Provably Fair casino site we know that the games are most probably made in-house. We allow those casinos to have simpler designs and still get good ratings. A Provably Fair casino site is respected if they have more than 5 games but there are still very good casinos like Wolf.bet with only 3 games or Primedice with only 1 game of Dice. When it comes to sports betting sites we make sure that they offer decent odds and bet types.
- 💰 Bonuses & Promotions: Our criterias are different for classical Bitcoin Casino Sites and Provably Fair Casino Sites. When it comes to classical Bitcoin Casino Sites, we expect them to give away hefty sign-up bonuses even tough it is supposed to be wagered 40 times. 40 times wagering is considered a fair amount of wagering as these sites are casinos not charities. When it comes to Provably Fair Casino Sites we do not expect them to give away juicy bonuses as they work on very low house margins like 1%. We focus on promotions, hourly-daily-weekly-monthly tournaments and give aways. Loyalty bonuses and cashback offers become more important at Provably Fair casinos.
- ☎ Customer Support: Offering customer support was almost unthinkable when the first Bitcoin Dice and Bitcoin Casino sites started. They usually came with an on-site chat sections where users had to communicate with each other and hope for solutions. Thanks to the increasing demands of crypto gamblers and higher competition in the market, we are now able to get proper Customer Support with proper tools like Live Chat and Email. We take getting good customer support and showing respect to the users very seriously. We also take a look at the BitcoinTalk forum where we check how the operators respond to fellow gamblers and how likely they are to solve their problems.
We also use a Badge System for Licenses and Certificates in order to determine the reliability of the casinos:
- The Crypto Gambling Foundation prides itself in the verification and promotion of genuine true fair gambling operators. They are the biggest and well known online authority when it comes to certifying Provably Fair games at Bitcoin casino and dice sites.
- iTech Labs is a world leading testing and certification laboratory for Online Gaming systems. They are testing online casino sites since 2004. They are considered as one of the most reliable certificates out there. They work with Kahnawake Gaming Commission as well.
- Blockchair is the most private search engine for Bitcoin and other major altcoins. They have a list called Awesome Blockchain and Crypto Services. This list also has a section called Entertainment. This Entertainment section consists of Blockchair approved Bitcoin casino sites.
- Curacao is one of the oldest online gaming license providers. Since 1996 Curaçao eGaming has provided eGaming License compliance services to online betting and casino sites. This is the most secure online gaming licenses for crypto sites out there.
- UK Gambling Commission was set up under the Gambling Act 2005 to regulate commercial gambling in Great Britain in partnership with licensing authorities. Only Sportsbet.io holds a UK license for their UK customers but they do not offer Bitcoin payments for them. So we have only added this badge as a sign of security.
- Costa Rica is a popular choice amongst US Friendly operators. Many authorities claim that Costa Rica does not offer iGaming License any more so it might be a fake license if the casino or betting site is claiming to have a Costa Rica license. Mostly US facing casinos get a Costa Rica license to have a legal ground.
- Kahnawake was one of the first jurisdictions in the world to recognize the opportunities afforded by the interactive gaming industry. They are not as popular as they once was but the old folks of online gaming still know about this license.
- Panama adopted regulations governing the licensing of electronic games of chance and wagering activities in late 2002. It is not the safest gaming licenses out there but gives kind of a legal ground to its holders. Not the safest gaming license out there.
- Unlicensed crypto casino and betting sites are reality and we use a thinking emoji badge in order to mark them. As they do not have a license, please make sure that they offer Provably Fair casino games so that you can prove the fairness of every game you play. If their games are not Provably Fair as well, just avoid them.
- US Friendly Bitcoin Casino or Bitcoin Betting site means that the particular site accepts customers from US despite not holding an online gaming license in the USA. The online gaming licenses is very limited in terms of available states and the number of available licenses. These guys kind of trying to give the freedom the US bettors need but at the same time do not have a 100% legal ground to do so.